MBBS in Australia
Every science student always aspires to become a professional doctor and does not wish to compromise on the universities. Each of them wants to study in a university with well equipped facilities and modern infrastructure and one of the best places to pursue MBBS is in Australia.
Every science student always aspires to become a professional doctor and does not wish to compromise on the universities. Each of them wants to study in a university with well equipped facilities and modern infrastructure and one of the best places to pursue MBBS is in Australia
Australia welcomes students from all over the world. It offers seats to the medical students with internationally recognized degrees, modern infrastructure, standardized course curriculum, latest technologies, well trained and educated professors. Australia has already set a bar for the education system it offers. Its degree holds great value and the students who complete their MBBS from Australia have a bright future ahead.
The duration of the MBBS course in Australia is 5 years accompanied with a year of internship. The student has to pass the entrance exams with at least 50% of scores and also 10+2 in PCB. The Australian universities offer three intakes every year in February, July and November.
So, If you’ve ever desired to better your future, Australia is the ideal location.So, if you are looking forward to pursuing MBBS in Australia you may reach out to us. Our Pick your Study education team will help you solve all your doubts and provide proper guidance.
Highlights of studying MBBS in Australia
Name of the course
MBBS (Bachelor of medicine and Bachelor of surgery)
Duration of the course
5 years + 1 year Internship.
Basic eligibility criteria for the course
10+2 in PCB, NEET, IELTS, UCAT
Medium of teaching
IELTS & TOEFL requirements
Australian Dollar (AUD).
Cost of living (without rent)
AUD 30,000 – AUD 34,000
February, July, November.
Benefits of studying MBBS in Australia
One of the most well-known countries for studying abroad is Australia. Therefore, choosing to pursue an MBBS in this location is a wise choice because it will give you many options once your degree is earned.
Here is the list of numerous benefits you get while you study MBBS in Australia.
- There is no age limit to pursue MBBS in Australia.
- There are many top-rated universities all over Australia.
- Almost all the Australian universities are MCI (Medical Council of India) approved.
- Once you get the MBBS degree from a renowned university you get ample opportunities.
- Approximately, more than 5 lakh students visit Australia for education every year.
- Australia provides many scholarship benefits for all the medical students.
- The Australian degree is highly dignified and valued in India.
- There are numerous job / career opportunities available for Australian graduates globally.
- English is the medium of teaching in Australia which is a plus point.
- The fee structure of Australia is very reasonable.
- You even get an opportunity to work part-time while studying.
- Their MBBS graduates can work in any hospital from anywhere in the world.
- Students can work for a maximum of 40 hours during their course in Australia.
- There is no language barrier as English is the only language spoken there which is a great deal for Indian students.
- The cost of living in Australia is very low and affordable.
- It has a diverse population and people from all over the world.
Why study MBBS in Australia?
With so many students visiting Australia for higher studies from all over the World, recent studies show Australia is one of the most popular and ideal destinations with modern amenities to pursue MBBS.
- There are plenty of accommodation services available in Australia.
- Students can apply for campus accommodations in universities.
- The students who wish to stay off-campus can rent / share an apartment.
- There is no language barrier as English is the most spoken language in Australia.
- The cost of living, food, accommodation etc is reasonable.
- Australian cities are a great choice in the case of safety and harmony.
- There are many jobs available which students can opt for while studying.
- Working part-time helps students earn a good enough salary which they can use for their expenses.
- There are many Indian restaurants in Australia where you can get Indian food easily.
- The campus areas and canteens are very hygienic and safe too.
- And the best part is that Australia has been consistently ranked the safest country in the world.
- The people here are welcoming and friendly.
- The culture and lifestyle in Australia is easily adaptable.
MBBS course curriculum in Australia
- Human anatomy.
- Bio-organic chemistry.
- Medical chemistry.
- Fundamentals of psychology.
- Emergency medicine.
- Patient care.
- Internal medicine Pathomorphology.
- General surgery.
- Elective courses.
- Social medicine.
- Obstetrics and gynaecology.
- Forensic medicine.
- Medical psychology.
- Infectious diseases.
- Clinical immunology.
- Social medicine.
- Genetics oncology.
- General practice.
- Elective courses.
Cost of Living Australia
What makes Australia’s superb educational system unique is that it can make genuine promises, unlike any other nation.
With the low cost of living, studying in Australia is still less expensive for students than any other country.
People who live and work there enjoy a high level of health awareness, an excellent medical system, and a politically stable economy in addition to having a high income.
Some basic monthly expenses such as rentals, transportation pass could cost you around 800-1000 AUD and basic amenities such as grocery / food could cost around 800 AUD. Although the expenses of an individual could vary from person to person and from university to university. Overall, it all comes down to your preferred way of life. Australia has a lot to spend, but don’t give up hope. If you want to make your stay worthwhile, you can always earn that extra sum.
When compared to the cost of living in Melbourne, living in Sydney is expensive. According to the most recent data for the average cost of living from July 2022, people who live or earn in Sydney typically pay more than people who live in Melbourne.
The cost of MBBS in Australia is very affordable, and many colleges offer it at a low cost. Additionally, they offer international students scholarships. The scholarships are provided to the need-based and merit-based students every year.
Some of the famous Scholarships granted in Australia are Australia Award Scholarship, Notre Dame Scholarship, Tasmanian International Scholarship, Sydney Achievers International Award Scholarship, Lindsey MCWa International Scholarship.
Tasmanian International Scholarship grants scholarships to those students who do well in the grades and help them by reducing 25% of the tuition fees.
Top MCI recognized Universities in Australia
- Monash University.
- Flinders University.
- St. Mary’s school of medicine.
- The University of Sydney.
- The University of Melbourne.
- University of Adelaide.
- University of Queensland.
- Royal Australian College of physicians.
MBBS in Australia v/s MBBS in India
Basis of difference
MBBS in Australia
MBBS in India
Fees are quite affordable.
Fees are slightly excessive.
5 years + 1 year Internship.
4.5 year + 1 year Internship.
There are many scholarships offered.
Only a few universities offer scholarships.
NEET, IELTS and UCAT are all mandatory.
NEET is mandatory.
Eligibility criteria for MBBS course in Australia
Here is a list of the requirements for MBBS in Australia which applicants must fulfil completely. The students must attain all the following requirements in order to ensure their admission in an Australian university.
- The candidate must be at least 17 years old.
- The applicant needs to score a minimum of 7 points in IELTS/TOEFL examination.
- The applicant also needs to clear the UCAT examination.
- Students also need to pass out 10+2 with physics, biology and chemistry subjects.
Documents required for MBBS in Australia
- Copy of 10th Certificate & mark sheets.
- Copy of 12th Certificate & mark sheets.
- Copy of Bachelor degree certificate. (If applicable)
- IELTS, TOEFL, Duolingo test scores.
- Leaving Certificate.
- Statement of purpose.
- Birth Certificate.
- Medical reports of the student claiming them as medically fit.
- UCAT scorecard.
- Personal statement.
- Bank Statement.
- Copy of passports.
- Passport-size photographs.
How to get admission for MBBS in Australia ?
The admissions procedure for the MBBS programme in Australia is as follows:
Step 1: Check the status of the university.
Step 2: On the official site of your selected university, fill out the admission form carefully.
Step 3: Upload the copies of the scanned documents.
Step 4: Based on the grades and documents submitted, the institution will pre-select suitable candidates. They will send an email invitation or make a phone call to set up an interview. Final candidates must pass an MMI, interview, or other exams required by the university.
Step 5: Once the student is selected through the interview, a letter of acceptance will be mailed to the student. Selected candidates are required to review the offer letter and reply to you as soon as possible.
Step 6: The student can now pay the university fee and proceed with the application of a Visa.
Step 7: The Basic Visa application requirements are IELTS / TOEFL scores, offer letter, Certificate of Eligibility (CoE), proof of sufficient funds, and Overseas Student Health Coverage (OSHC).
Step 8: The visa process takes almost 4 weeks in duration.
Step 9: Once the students receive their Visas they can book their tickets to Australia and arrive here as soon as possible.
Best Medical colleges in Australia for intake 2022-2023
Starting fees (INR)
The University of Sydney
The University of Melbourne
The Australian National University Medical School
Career prospects after completing MBBS in Australia
Below are some career opportunities available after completing an MBBS in Australia.
- Hospital administrator
- Medical Officer
- Nuclear scientist
- Assistant physio
- General practitioner
Studying MBBS at well recognized Australian universities can definitely give you a bright future. However, the average salaries per annum could vary from AUD 150,000 to AUD 350,000 for jobs after MBBS. You may select any job that interests you and get trained for it to earn a good enough salary.
Hence, we can conclude that Australia promises an unparalleled experience. For your intellectual needs and a rich, healthy lifestyle with numerous benefits and so much more to add to your student life, Australia offers you ample opportunities to explore.
Choosing an Australian university to pursue MBBS is an excellent choice for all the students as they get a great exposure, remarkable change in lifestyle, and internationally recognised degree. The professors here are well qualified and maintain professionalism among students.
Additionally, many prestigious doctors have graduated from Australian universities and are employed in some of the world’s finest hospitals, and you can also be one amongst them.
However, if you need any sort of guidance or mentorship, our Pick Your Study team is always available for you. You may connect with us and clear all your doubts.
Ans. In most cases, visa applications are rejected because of insufficient funds in the candidates bank account.
Ans. Absolutely yes. You may attempt the exam as many times as possible and then submit the best score you’ve achieved.
Ans. For a single candidate, the funds required as proof are around AUD 62,222.
Ans. Most of the universities have February and July intakes, while some also have November intakes.
Get Free Expert Guidance
Get completed details about Scholarships, Best Colleges, Eligibility Criteria, Admission & Documentation process and more.