MBBS in China
China, popularly known for having the second-largest economy in the world, also has many well-established medical colleges. The quality of education in the medical colleges of China is world-class and almost all the universities are WHO, UNESCO, and MCI-approved.
China, popularly known for having the second largest economy in the world, also has many well-established medical colleges. The quality of education in the medical colleges of China is world-class and almost all the universities are WHO, UNESCO and MCI approved.
China can be the perfect destination for students who aspire to study MBBS from top-rated, and certified universities. The MBBS programme in China is 5 years long with another 1 year of internship. The students here have access to so many facilities and modern amenities along with the chance of exposure to the lifestyle of China.
The Chinese medical universities are ranked among the top 30 universities globally. Almost 45 medical colleges of China have been honoured by top-rated establishments like IMED, NMC and WHO. The basic eligibility criteria required for admission in its universities is 60% scores in PCB in 10+2 and the NEET exam. The admission process is very simple and hassle-free
Because of its top-rated universities, high-quality education, low-cost tuition fee, modern infrastructure and powerful technology, it has become a dream of every medical aspirant to pursue their MBBS education from China. Over 9000 students from India are pursuing MBBS in China this year. Besides India, students from all over the world travel to China particularly to pursue education.
So, just like many of them, even if you want to pursue your MBBS in one of the top-rated universities of China, you can contact our Pick Your Study education team anytime and we will be there to help you and guide you under our mentorship.
Highlights of studying MBBS in China
Name of the course
MBBS (Bachelor of medicine and Bachelor of surgery)
Duration of the course
5 years + 1 year of internship.
Basic eligibility criteria
60% score in PCB in 10+2 with recognised board of education.
Medium of teaching
IELTS or TOEFL requirements
Cost of living (without rent)
Benefits of studying MBBS in China
Studying MBBS in China is easy and beneficial for students as it gives them numerous benefits, exposure to new people, flexibility and bright career opportunities.
Following is the list of some more benefits of studying MBBS in China.
- Members of the faculty professors are highly trained and well-qualified.
- The Chinese medical universities even provide accommodation facilities for all the students.
- It is the personal choice of the students for staying in the hostels provided or living in rented apartments.
- The rents of those apartments are also very reasonable.
- The student can also work as interns and do part-time jobs if they wish in order to handle their own expenses.
- The students need not worry about visas, since the student visas are issued easily.
- More than 6000 students from all around the world visit China for studies and the count has been increasing every year now.
- Being a high security country it is very safe for everyone. As a result, the crime rate is also very low in China.
Why study MBBS in China?
The whole world is aware of how powerful a country China is. Besides its popularity as a strong nation it is also very well known for having world’s finest medical universities. The theoretical knowledge given at these universities with modern practical technologies attracts the medical aspirants even more towards its education system.
Here are some more reasons why a student can choose China for studying MBBS.
- Reasonable cost of education.
- Affordable cost of living.
- World-class education system.
- No requirement of any entrance exam.
- Students only have to score 60% in PCB in 10+2.
- The students have to pass only the NEET exam.
- Almost all the universities are MCI and WHO approved.
- Many Chinese medical universities provide scholarship benefits for all the students.
- The Chinese universities are popularly known for their infrastructure and advanced technology practical methods of teaching.
- On a worldwide average scale, their universities always rank the top.
- There are approximately 45 NMC approved colleges in China.
- The medium of teaching is English. Students do not have to worry about language barriers.
- The universities do not ask for any capitation or donation fee from students at the time of admission.
MBBS course curriculum in China
The MBBS course duration in Chinese medical universities is 6 years. In these years, the student has to study and practise the following subjects:
- Medical Terminology
- Systematic Anatomy
- Computer Applied Basic
- Medical Chemistry Histology & Embryology
- Cellular Biology
- Regional Anatomy
- Organic Chemistry.
- Path physiology
- Path anatomy
- Health Statistics
- Preventive Medicine
- Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Surgery I (General)
- Forensic Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Surgery II (Systematic)
- Gynecology & Obstetrics
- Emergency Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Infectious Disease
- Gynecology & Obstetrics
- Internship Test
Cost of Living China
More and more students are choosing to pursue MBBS in China because of the low tuition fees and reasonable living expenses. The cost of the study has been significantly reduced and all the credit goes to the government subsidies in China.
Comparatively, studying MBBS in China is very simple and reasonable compared to other countries. The price of the study is very affordable. International students can attend Chinese universities with ease and avoid paying expensive tuition costs. They do not accept any donation other than this.
The cost of education in China ranges from 3 lakhs to 7.5 lakhs, depending upon the universities the student chooses. The accommodation prices are very affordable in China. The rest of the expenses such as groceries, travel and miscellaneous things can go from INR 15,000 to INR 30,000 per month.
The universities in China provide moderate scholarships to all the local and international students. In most of its universities, the scholarships are provided on the basis of merit.
Here’s a list of top scholarships acclaimed by the Chinese government:
- University Scholarships (US)
- Chinese Government Scholarships (CGS)
- Confucius Institute Scholarships (CIS)
- Chinese Local Government Scholarships (CLGS)
Top MCI recognized Universities in China
- Shihezi University.
- Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- Qingdao University.
- Liaoning University of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- Jilin University.
- Shanxi University of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- Jining Medical University.
- Shenyang Pharmaceutical University.
MBBS in China v/s MBBS in India
Basis of difference
MBBS in China
MBBS in India
The MBBS course duration in China is 6 years including 1 year of internship
The MBBS course duration in India is 5.5 years including 1 year of internship
No specific entrance exam is required except NEET exam from valid MCI recognized board
Some universities ask for entrance exam while some only want the NEET exam with good percentage scores
The total fees in China costs around INR 15 lakhs to 35 lakhs for complete MBBS course
The total cost of MBBS in India can cost around INR 20 lakhs to 80 lakhs
Students get a lot of exposure and career opportunities after completing MBBS
Students don’t get that many opportunities compared to other countries
The cost of education is very affordable
The cost of education is comparatively expensive
Eligibility criteria for MBBS course in China
China has always been a preferred destination for MBBS courses. Students getting qualified here is not that difficult. Here’s what you need:
- Students need to pass 10+2 standard with 60%-70% scores in PCB.
- Students also have to clear their NEET exam with minimum 55%-60% scores.
- Students need to pass out from a well-recognized board of education and have good command over English.
Documents required for MBBS in China
The students need to submit their real and genuine documents to the university when asked for in order to ensure their seats. The list of the documents is given below.
- Passport copies
- Birth certificate
- Identification proof
- Passport size photos
- Medical reports including (HIV reports)
- Visa fees
- Bank statement
- NOC from public authority
- Covid-19 report
- Documents legalised by the respective embassies.
- Copy of 10th class mark sheets
- Copy of 12th class mark sheets
Admission process for MBBS in China
The admission process in China is very simple and easy. It isn’t complicated but straightforward. Students just need to follow the procedure given below to get enrolled in any of its top universities.
Step 1: First, fill in the admission form at the university’s office website.
Step 2: Gather all the required documents and submit them at the university when asked. Make sure you send the scanned documents to the university.
Step 3: The documents you send them will be thoroughly analysed.
Step 4: If they find you capable enough they will send you an offer letter / invitation letter.
Step 5: Once you receive the offer letter, the visa application process begins at the respective country’s embassy.
Step 6: You will have to submit the required documents at the Visa embassy.
Step 7: And pay the admission fee to the selected university.
Step 8: You will receive your Visa within a few business days.
Step 9: Once you receive the Visa you can book the air ticket and reach the destination as soon as possible.
Best Medical colleges in China for MBBS
Nanjing Medical University
Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Career prospects after completing MBBS in China
Below are some career opportunities available for students after completing their MBBS in China.
- General practitioner
- Assistant physio
- Nuclear scientist
- Medical Officer
- Hospital administrator and so many more.
Therefore, studying MBBS in a well-recognized Chinese medical university can definitely give you a very bright future. For your intellectual needs and a rich, healthy lifestyle with numerous benefits and so much more to add to your student life, China offers you ample opportunities to explore.
Choosing a university of China to pursue MBBS is an excellent choice for all the students as they get a great exposure, remarkable change in lifestyle, and internationally recognised degree. The professors here are well qualified and maintain professionalism among students.
Additionally, many prestigious doctors have graduated from these universities and are employed in some of the world’s finest hospitals, and you can also be one amongst them.
However, if you need any sort of guidance or mentorship, our Pick Your Study team is always available for you. You may connect with us and clear all your doubts.
Ans. To get enrolled in any of the medical universities of China the aspirant has to score at least 200 in NEET besides 60% scores in PCB in 10+2.
Ans. Approximately, the total cost of education for 5 years of MBBS course in China is 16-17 lakhs, which is comparatively a lot lesser than any other popular country.
Ans. The age limit for MBBS in China is generally between 18 to 25 years. However, some universities also accept admissions of students whose age is of 30 years too.
Get Free Expert Guidance
Get completed details about Scholarships, Best Colleges, Eligibility Criteria, Admission & Documentation process and more.