MBBS in Ireland
Medicine is considered one of the prestigious and honoured degrees amongst all and definitely has recognition worldwide. There’s no country in the world where Medicine is not valued. Most medical aspirants these days want to pursue their MBBS from a renowned university irrespective of any country in the World and Ireland is considered one among them.
Medicine is considered one of the prestigious and honoured degrees amongst all and definitely has recognition worldwide. There’s no country in the world where Medicine is not valued. Most of the medical aspirants these days want to pursue their MBBS from a renowned university irrespective of any country in the World and Ireland is considered one among them.
Since Ireland has made a significant move towards betterment of education over the years, many young adults from around the globe are consistently visiting Ireland to complete their MBBS. Almost all of the universities of Ireland have been ranked among the top 700 universities in the World along with the recognition from senior organisations like NMC, WHO and MCI.
The MBBS programme in Ireland is of 5 years and the medium of guidance used is English only, since it is their primary language. Along with that, the professors and all the members of the faculty are highly trained and well-qualified. The MBBS degree of Ireland holds a lot of value and recognition globally just like many other countries such as Kazakhstan, China, UK, Germany, Russia and so on. The affordable tuition fees and high-quality education is what basically attracts most of the students to Ireland.
Hence, Nepal could be the ideal destination for everyone wanting to study MBBS abroad. So, if you need any kind of assistance our Pick Your Study education team will help you and guide you thoroughly with clearing all your queries.
Highlights of studying MBBS in Ireland
Name of the course
Duration of the course
5 + 1 year of internship
Basic eligibility criteria required
60% scores in PCB in 10+2 standard
Medium of teaching
IELTS or TOEFL requirements
September and February
Cost of living
€7,000 – €12,000 per year
Benefits of studying MBBS in Ireland
As we talk about the medical universities of Ireland, there are so many benefits of studying MBBS there. Here’s a list of some of the benefits of studying MBBS in Ireland.
- Low-cost education.
- Top-notch universities.
- Great accommodation facilities.
- Modern infrastructure and advanced method technology used during training.
- Universities do not ask for any donation fees during admission.
- No Capitalization fees.
- Easy and straightforward admission process.
- The educational and general expenses are also very reasonable.
- After finishing their MBBS course students even get the chance of working in the government emergency clinics.
- The faculty team members are also well qualified and have a lot of knowledge and experience.
- Students also get the opportunity to apply for internships at hospitals which are affiliated with their universities.
- Incase of financial assistance, Ireland also provides many opportunities for students willing to do part-time jobs.
Why study MBBS in Ireland?
One of the most desirable locations for international students to study abroad is Ireland. Each year, thousands of international students are drawn to the country’s colleges by the top-notch education they offer. Natural sciences, technology, economics, medicine, business, and humanities are areas of specialisation for Irish universities. Ireland is a kind and safe nation. The Global Peace Index has ranked it at number 12 for this reason. Additionally, Ireland is ranked as the 16th most innovative nation in the world according to a recent Bloomberg Business survey.
- The National Medical Council also has accredited the majority of the universities.
- The MBBS course pattern of Ireland is very much similar to the European pattern.
- The medium of teaching in all their universities is English only.
- The Irish universities are popularly known for their top-rankings, security and reliability.
- The universities of Ireland provide world-class education with reasonable tuition fees.
- The cost of education in Ireland is extremely low compared to other foreign countries.
- Universities of Ireland are renowned for their detailed and excellently planned strategy.
- Among the top 1% of research institutions, Irish universities are considered among them.
- Students are provided with immense internship opportunities during their training period.
MBBS course curriculum in Ireland
- Human biology
- Cardiovascular Biology
- Nutritional and Metabolic biology
- Respiratory Biology
- Medical Pharmacology
- Mechanisms of Disease
- Renal Mechanisms of Homeostasis
- Associated Anatomy
- Neuroscience, Bone Metabolism
- Clinical Science and Practice III
- Epidemiology for Evidence Based Health care
- Fundamentals of Therapy
- Manifestations of Disease.
- Child Health and Development
- Behavioral Fundamentals of Adult Disease
- Forensic Medicine and the Coroner’s Court
- Principles and Practice of Surgery
- Principles and Practice of Internal Medicine and General Practice
- Principles and Practice of Paediatrics and Child Health
- Principles and Practices of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Research and Professionalism in Medicine II
Cost of Living Ireland
The actual cost of living cannot be determined as it differs from person to person. However, the average cost of living along with all the expenses could cost an individual around €7000 to €12000 per year.
To live with complete comfort and ease in Ireland an individual must have at least €1000 per month which will help them manage all their expenses including food, travel, rent and other general expenses.
The food and travel costs are also way ro cheap in Ireland. Moreover, the students get an extra 30% discount on travelling in buses or local trains around the city which will merely cost them around €135 per month.
Top MCI recognized Universities in Ireland
- Bukovinian State Medical University
- Lviv National Medical University
- Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University
- Kharkiv National Medical University
- Ternopil state medical university
- Bogomolets National Medical University
- Uzhhorod National University
- Zaporozhye State Medical University
MBBS in Ireland v/s MBBS in India
Basis of difference
MBBS in Ireland
MBBS in India
6 years including internship
5 years including internship
No specific entrance exam is required during admission
Some universities in India ask for entrance exams while some don’t
Students here get a lot of international exposure and chance of better job opportunities
Students here neither get best job opportunities neither the chance of international exposure
Eligibility criteria for MBBS course in Ireland
In order to get admission in any of the universities of Ireland, students have to show their eligibility and confirm their seats.
- The student’s below 18 years of age are not permitted to apply for MBBS.
- Getting admission in medical universities ofIreland is very simple. The student must complete their 10+2 standards in physics, chemistry, and biology subjects.
- The applicant must score a minimum of 60% marks in the subjects mentioned.
- It is mandatory to show the NEET scorecard with minimum passing marks.
- Since English is the primary language, the student also has to pass the English proficiency tests like IELTS or TOEFL and submit their scores.
Documents required for MBBS in Ireland
The students need to assemble and submit the scanned documents to the university at the time of admission. The list of common documents asked are given below.
- Birth certificate.
- 10th and 12 mark sheets.
- TC certificate.
- Certificate of conduct.
- Medically fit certificate including HIV reports.
- Valid I.D. proof.
- NEET scorecard result.
- IELTS or TOEFL scorecard.
- Student passport.
- Passport size photographs.
- Invitation letter from the university.
- Banks funds proof (Minimum of 5.5 lakhs to 6 lakhs)
- Medical insurance proof.
Admission Process for MBBS in Ireland
- For admission in Ireland, the student has to enrol/fill the application form at the university’s official portal called Central Applications Office (CAO).
- The student has to attempt and pass the English proficiency tests like IELTS and score at least 6.0 marks since English is their common language.
- The students are also required to take the HPAT test, which helps them to identify their ability to reason logically, communicate effectively and solve problems.
- After you submit your HPAT assessment test, you will get the combined points that determine your eligibility.
- After that you will receive an invitation letter from your selected university.
- Once you receive it, you can pay the tuition fees.
- After which, you will receive the admission letter from your university.
- As soon as you receive it you can submit it at the Foreign Embassy of Ireland in India and proceed with further process.
- Along with submitting the letter you will also have to submit your passport for visa purposes.
- You will receive your Visa within 6 weeks of the application date.
- As soon as you get your visa you can book your tickets to Ireland at the earliest and fly overseas to study MBBS in your desired university.
Best Medical colleges for MBBS in Ireland
Tuition fees per
Bukovinian State Medical University
Rs 4 lakhs
Lviv National Medical University
Rs 23 lakhs
Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University
Rs 17 lakhs
Kharkiv National Medical University
Rs 3.56 lakhs
Ternopil state medical university
Rs 5 lakhs
Bogomolets National Medical University
Rs 4 lakhs
Uzhhorod National University
Zaporozhye State Medical University
Dublin School of Medicine
Rs 40 lakhs
Royal College of Surgeons
Rs 45 lakhs
Rs 39 lakhs
University College Cork
Rs 37 lakhs
Ans. The age limit for studying MBBS in Nepal is between 18 years and 25 years. The students more than or less than these given years are not qualified for seeking MBBS in Irish universities.
Ans. Yes, the degree of MBBS in Ireland is highly valued and acceptable anywhere around the world.
Ans. Yes, some universities in Ireland provide an instalment choice . However, the student must confirm its details to the university beforehand during the admission process.
Get Free Expert Guidance
Get completed details about Scholarships, Best Colleges, Eligibility Criteria, Admission & Documentation process and more.