MBBS in Italy
Among the most famous destinations for studying MBBS in the world, Italy is popularly one of them. Due to its classic infrastructure, excellent methods of guidance, and world-class education, many students are opting for Italy to pursue their medical education.
Among the most famous destinations for studying MBBS in the world, Italy is popularly one amongst them. Due to its classic infrastructure, excellent methods of guidance and world-class education, many students are opting for Italy to pursue their medical education. In Italy, to maintain higher standards of education, the courses are taught to the students with great practicality and different approaches.
Italy is comparatively very cheaper and affordable than other neighbouring European countries. There are still many ancient universities that provide top-notch facilities and the best quality of education.
The MBBS program duration in Italy is 6 years including a year of internship. The eligibility requirements in their universities are minimum 70% scores in PCB subjects in 10+2 grade and a compulsory NEET exam.
Besides the NEET exam, students are not required to appear for any entrance exam.
Italian medical schools are among the best in the world and are recognised by organisations like the WHO, MCI, and the European Union, making it a good decision to study medicine there. The Medical colleges in Italy have a highly regarded institution along with a basic admission process and a staff that is incredibly qualified. In addition, it has lower tuition fees than the USA and the UK, and it offers 100% student scholarships. Hence, if you’re choosing Italy for studying MBBS then it will be your wise decision.
So, if you are looking forward to pursuing MBBS in Italy you may reach out to us anytime. Our Pick Your Study education team will help you solve all your queries and provide proper guidance.
Highlights of studying MBBS in Italy
Name of the course
Duration of the course
Medium of teaching
IELTS or TOEFL requirements
Basic eligibility criteria
70% scores in PCB in 10+2 standard
Cost of living without rent
300€ – 700 €
Benefits of studying MBBS in Italy
The MBBS schools of Italy are without a doubt the best choice for aspirant medical students from all over the world. All because of its ongoing availability of opportunities with competitive compensation. One of the most sought-after medical programmes in Europe is the MBBS in Italy.
The following is the list of some great benefits of studying MBBS in Italy.
- The Italian universities do not ask for any donation and capitation at the time of admission process.
- All the medical colleges in Italy are globally recognized by famous organisations like NMC, WHO & UNESCO.
- Modern infrastructure and high quality education structure.
- Well organised syllabus and education seminars.
- As MBBS in Italy is authorised globally, all the MBBS graduates can get job in any part of the world.
- Live and practical training.
- Students are also given opportunities to take part in various curricular activities along with studies.
- The quality of education and modern infrastructure in Italian universities is very rich.
- The Candidate is presented as a European Union Standard while studying in Italy.
- IELTS & TOEFL exams are not required for MBBS in Italy.
- Students can work as an intern or do part-time jobs if they wish to.
- Earning good enough income and spending on the expenses is not that difficult in Italy.
Why study MBBS in Italy?
Italy is an extremely cheaper country compared to other European countries. Students here need not worry about expenses because firstly everything in Italy is very affordable and moreover students can work part-time while studying and manage their own expenses with ease. Here’s a list of a few more reasons why you choose Italy for studying MBBS.
- Students have the opportunity to work in an internship while studying at the same time after receiving their work permit.
- There are many scholarships benefits offered to the students that can help them with tuition fees and other facilities.
- Almost all the universities of Italy are recognized by the prominent boards of medical organisations.
- The tuition fees are genuinely very low for students studying MBBS in Italy compared to any other country in Europe.
- The country is very safe for girls and in general too as the crime rate of Italy is very low.
- English is the standard language used for teaching in universities.
- All the staff and faculty members are highly qualified and trained in universities
- Student Visas get easily availed for Italy.
- The MBBS degree of Italy holds a great value globally.
- The universities also provide amazing job opportunities after the course completes.
- After completing their MBBS programme, students are eligible to work at government emergency clinics.
- Medical students in Italy can gain practical experience at government clinics.
MBBS course curriculum in Italy
- Path Physiology
Fourth year to sixth year
- Internal Medicine
- General Surgery
- Emergency Medicine
Cost of Living in Italy
The cost of living in Italy is very affordable and reasonable in comparison to other destinations for studying MBBS abroad.
However, the exact costs cannot be determined as it differs from person to person but the average cost of living in Italy can be tabulated approximately.
In general, the accommodation charges could cost in between 857-1000 USD per month and the food could range from 185-290 USD. Although, the transportation costs could also differ as it depends upon the person how long he/she has to travel. But the costs of transportation is very cheap in Italy. It hardly costs around 28-42 USD per month.
Students from India can also enrol for the MBBS programme in Italy at Italian educational institutions to benefit from the scholarship’s benefits.
The Italian government provides scholars a great deal of subsidy for their tuition costs. In addition to living expenses, which may cost up to 550+ Euros per month, the approximate cost of attending school in Italy is around 1200+ Euros per year.
Students from India may also apply for the award.
The admissions process at Saint Petersburg Pediatric Medical University is incredibly simple. Candidates who are applying to the MBBS programme should keep in mind the supporting centres.
Top MCI recognized Universities in Italy
Here is a list of most popular universities in Italy offering MBBS:
- Humanitas University
- University of Pisa (UNIPI)
- University of Turin
- University of Florence
- University of Studies, Udine
- University of Milan
- Biomedical University of Rome
- University of Bari
- University of Bologna
MBBS in Italy v/s MBBS in India
Basis of difference
MBBS in Italy
MBBS in India
The MBBS course duration in Italy is 6 years including a year of internship.
The MBBS course duration in India is 5.5 years including a year of internship.
The MBBS graduates from Italian universities recieve an MD degree which is equivalent to the MBBS degree in India.
The MBBS graduates from Indian medical universities receive a degree of MBBS only.
The students graduating from Italian medical universities gain a lot of international exposure and chance of global opportunities.
The Indian students graduating here do not get any international exposure and neither a lot of great career opportunities.
Some universities ask the students to write IMAT entrance test, while some don’t.
Only NEET exam is the basic entrance exam required in Indian medical universities.
Eligibility criteria for MBBS course in Italy
To be eligible for admission to Italian medical universities and gain the MBBS degree, the students must meet the following requirements:
- Since the medium of teaching is English, students are required to appear and pass the IELTS or TOEFL exam in order to get admission.
- The student must have completed any regular board 12th grade.
- If the student is from the general category, they must have an overall PCB score of at least 50%, and if they are from the SC/ST/OBC category, they must have an overall PCB score of at least 40%.
- The candidate is supposed to pass the NEET entrance exam, which should be followed by the National Medical Commission.
Documents required for MBBS in Italy
- Birth certificate
- 10th and 12th mark sheet
- Migration certificate
- Annual income statements of parents
- Student Passport
- Student visa
- Medical Reports including (HIV)
- Passport size photos
- Offer letter from the university
- NEET scorecard
- IELTS or TOEFL scorecard
- Flight tickets
Admission process for MBBS in Italy
The following is a step-by-step admission process for the medical students who meet all the requirements and have proper required documents:
Step 1: Fill up the complete application form at the university’s official website.
Step 2: Scan all your relevant documents before submitting to prospective universities through the online admission portal.
Step 3: After the university receives the documents they will send you an invitation letter.
Step 4: The further process will begin once the admission to the MBBS program is confirmed.
Step 5: You will have to then visit the embassy of Italy with your invitation letter and proceed with further process.
Step 6: You will now have to pay your tuition fees for the first semester and confirm your seat.
Step 7: The student should apply for a student visa after paying the course fees.
Step 8: The student should travel to Italy as soon as they receive their visa and begin attending the MBBS classes there.
Best Medical colleges for MBBS in Italy
Tuition fees per year
INR 4-6 lakhs
University of Florence
INR 3-5 lakhs
University of Pisa
INR 4-5 lakhs
University of Studies, Udine
INR 7-8 lakhs
University of Turin
INR 5-6 lakhs
University Di Firenzi
INR 4-6 lakhs
Career prospects after completing MBBS in Italy
Below are some most prominent career opportunities available after completing an MBBS in Italy.
- Hospital administrator
- Medical Officer
- Nuclear scientist
- Assistant physio
- General practitioner
Therefore, employment prospects appear promising for MBBS students who possess sufficient theoretical and practical knowledge of the subject.
Hence, Italy is an excellent choice for medical students pursuing MBBS.
Its infrastructure is very advanced, and its education follows internationally accepted European standards. Its has very low cost of living and education with world-class facilities. The student visa is also availed easily for Italy.
So, if you have made up your mind to study MBBS in Italy/abroad, feel free to connect to us. Our Pick Your Study education team is always available to assist you and guide you throughout.
Ans. Generally, the time period for issuing an offer letter takes 10-15 days and for the visa process it takes around 8-10 days. Also, for documentation it might take around 8-10 weeks.
Ans. Yes, you can pay the fees in instalments. But, it also sometimes varies from university to university, you can confirm it at the time of admission.
Ans. Yes, the NEET exam is mandatory in Germany. The student needs to clear the exam with 60% scores. According to the MCI Gazette notification NEET is a mandatory exam for studying abroad.
Get Free Expert Guidance
Get completed details about Scholarships, Best Colleges, Eligibility Criteria, Admission & Documentation process and more.