MBBS in Philippines
Every science student always aspires to become a professional doctor and does not wish to compromise on the universities. Each of them wants to study in a university with well equipped facilities and modern infrastructure and one of the best places to pursue MBBS is in Australia.
Studying MBBS abroad and mainly in the Philippines, has become the top choices for students lately. Compared to foreign courses, the MBBS admissions process is rather simple. Every year, about 9000 students from other nations, including the USA, UK, Germany, India, etc., travel to the Philippines to study for an MD, BS and MBBS.
All MBBS students at Philippine medical colleges are guaranteed housing in the safe nation of the Philippines. The ideal option for Indian students is to study medicine in the Philippines because the country offers MBBS programmes at really affordable costs and offers a number of advantages over other nations.
The top medical schools in the world are located in the Philippines. In the Philippines, an MBBS degree costs between 15 and 22 lakhs for five years.
The WHO and MCI have recognised and authorised the medical degree awarded by MBBS colleges. The quality of education is guaranteed by the USMLE achievement rate, which is 100% in this country. Additionally, these universities offer placement services to Philippine MBBS students. Your time learning about medicine will be simple and enjoyable because of the modern infrastructure and excellent team.
The MBBS course duration in the Philippines is 5 years along with 1 year of internship. The medium of teaching is English and the basic eligibility required for admission in Philippines universities is 50% scores in PCB along with the NEET entrance exam.
So, if you are looking forward to pursuing MBBS in Philosophy you may reach out to us. Our Pick your Study education team will help you solve all your doubts and provide proper guidance.
Highlights of studying MBBS in Philippines
Name of the course
MBBS (Bachelor of medicine and Bachelor of surgery)
Duration of the course
5 years + 1 year internship
Eligibility criteria required for the course
50% scores in PCB for general category
40% scores for ST/SC/OBC category
Medium of teaching
IELTS or TOEFL requirements
January and August.
Cost of living (without rent)
Benefits of studying MBBS in
The cost of living is moderate here. A big source of interest for medical students globally is this nation since it offers excellent education and a wonderful quality of life for students. Some more benefits of studying MBBS here are:
- No donation or capitation fee.
- Very affordable cost of living.
- Modern infrastructure and high-quality education.
- Live practical training.
- The standard medium of teaching is English.
- There are no entrance exams, IELTS or TOEFL exams required to get enrolled in its universities.
- Low Education fees and a reasonable cost of living make studying for an MBBS in the Philippines more accessible for Indian scholars without immolating the standard of instruction.
- Philippines universities follow the educational curriculum used in the US.
- For students planning to take the USMLE exam, this is useful.
- In 2016–17, Philippines-based institutions had greater FMGE passing rates than those in the Ukraine, China, Russia, Nepal, Kyrgyzstan, and Germany.
- The Philippines’ MCI-approved medical colleges have impressive MCI Screening Test passing rates.
Why study MBBS in Philippines ?
MBBS in the Philippines is a very popular choice among students who want to pursue MBBS abroad because of the fantastic cross-cultural environment, and relatively affordable cost. You may apply for admission in its best-known universities hassle-free without any issue. The following are some more reasons as to why studying in the Philippines will be a great choice.
- Almost all the universities are IMED/ECFMG/WHO approved.
- Its universities are best known for their quality of education.
- The Philippines is a very safe environment as the crime rate of the Philippines is also very low.
- The literacy rate of the Philippines is almost 93%.
- The universities of the Philippines follow the American schooling system.
- The universities of the Philippines are popularly known to have the lowest fee structure.
- Students receive an internationally recognised medical degree from the Philippines’ MBBS programme. After completing the medical programme, students can apply for the USMLE and begin practising in the US.
- Students can work as an intern or do part-time jobs if they wish to.
- Earning good enough income and spending on the expenses is not that difficult in the Philippines.
MBBS course curriculum in Philippines
- Human Anatomy and Physiology, Biochemistry, Preventive Medicine, Community health, Psychiatry and Medical Practice.
- Fundamental concepts in Pathology, Microbiology and Parasitology, Pharmacology, Medicine and Surgery, Psychiatry II and Medical Economics.
Third and fourth year:
- The core focus is placed on studying the specialisations in both medicine and surgery. The subjects such as the Psychiatry, Dermatology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Pediatrics are taught in the clinical phase. Other than this, it also includes subjects like Anesthesiology, ENT, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics which are surgery related.
Fifth year and Internship:
- It provides a basis for students to practice their learned skiils. The internship is mandatory and lasts for one year at the end of which the MBBS degree is awarded to the students. Under the guidance of your supervisor, you are apprenticed to a senior doctor in a hospital where you learn practical concepts on several specialisations like Medicine, Surgery, paediatrics, gynaecology, etc.
Cost of Living Philippines
In comparison to other nations, the Philippines has a low average cost for essential items when it comes to MBBS tuition. Despite India’s need for essentials, the Philippines’ cost of living is 40 percent higher than India’s. Costs for restaurants and the market are 1.75 percent higher than in India. Many MBBS students in the Philippines complain that transportation costs are lower than in any other country. Electronics cost three times as much as they do in India.
Because each college has its own costs, the cost of earning an MBBS degree in the Philippines varies from one university to the next. The tuition for MBBS in the Philippines ranges from 15 to 20 lakh rupees, depending on the university. The following are some estimates of how much it will cost to study medicine at a university in the Philippines.
The course is more expensive at universities in exceptional locations. The typical cost of essentials and lodging can vary from city to city and student to student. The monthly costs, which include costs for the mess, the hostel, and other things, total approximately 15,000 rupees. Between 25 and 35 lakh rupees may be required to cover all costs.
The cost of the MBBS program in the Philippines is very affordable, and there are very few merit-based scholarships available there. As per the latest reports, there are not many scholarships available for medical students but the government and officials are looking forward to implementing them in the near future.
Top MCI recognized Universities in Philippines
- UV Gullas College of Medicine
- Davao Medical School Foundation
- University of Santo Tomas
- Emilio Aguinaldo College, Manila
- University of Perpetual Help System DALTA, Las Piñas Campus
- Cebu Institute of Medicine
- University of Northern Philippines
MBBS in Philippines v/s MBBS in India
Basis of difference
MBBS in India
MBBS in the Philippines
In India, MBBS is the standard degree.
Since the Philippines follow the US education system, they also call the degree as MD (Doctor of Medicine) just like the US.
The student has to pass 10+2 in PCB with 50% scores along with an entrance exam.
Prior to pursuing a four-year medical degree in the Philippines, candidates must complete two years of the Bachelor of Science (B.S.) program. Students who have completed their 10+2 examination must complete the B.S. program at the Philippines medical college. The length of a B.S program can range from 10 to 18 months, depending on the university you choose for your medical education. To be eligible for the M.D. program, you must pass the NMAT (National medical aptitude test) between your B.S. and M.D. degrees.
The MBBS course in India is very expensive.
MBBS in the Philippines is way more affordable and reasonable compared to India.
Duration of the course
The duration of an MBBS program in India is 5 years.
The duration of an MBBS course in the Philippines is 6 years.
Eligibility criteria for MBBS course in Philippines
- The students must pass the 10+2 exam with 50% in the required courses of physics, chemistry, and biology.
- The 10+2 marks cutoff for students in the reserved category is 40%.
- The students must have achieved the required score on the NEET exam.
- The NTA always includes the qualifying marks in the cut-off list.
- At the time of admission, the student’s age must fall between 17 and 25.
Documents required for MBBS in Philippines
- 10th standard mark sheet
- 12th standard mark sheet
- 10 Passport size photographs
- Invitation letter
- Student Visa
- Covid-19 test report
- HIV test report
- Medical insurance
- Birth certificate
- Identity proof (Aadhar card, Pan card)
Admission process for MBBS in the Philippines
The admission process for MBBS in the Philippines is very simple and straightforward. Students need not have to worry about visas either, because student visas for the Philippines are issued easily.
Step 1: First, complete the college application form.
Step 2: To apply for a Letter of Permission for Admission, submit photocopies of your passport and HSC results.
Step 3: Obtain the medical college’s confirmation letter of greetings.
Step 4: Submit an application for a Philippines visa with all the necessary paperwork after receiving confirmation.
Step 5: Show up for a personal visa interview at the Philippine Embassy with the welcome letter and other necessary paperwork for the approval of the visa.
Best Medical colleges in Philippines for intake 2022-2023
(for 4 years)
UV Gullas College of Medicine
Davao Medical School Foundation
University of Santo Tomas
Emilio Aguinaldo College, Manila
University of Perpetual Help System DALTA, Las Piñas Campus
Cebu Institute of Medicine
University of Northern Philippines
Career prospects after completing MBBS in Philippines
There will be an opportunity for you to pursue a career after earning your medical degree in the United States of America. You will also have ample employment opportunities in the Philippines both during and after earning your MBBS degree there.
- You can start in clinical practice or work in clinical research. In the Philippines, Master of Public Health, Master of Health Service, and Master of Administration are all available for enrollment.
- If you pass the NMC screening exam, you can come back to India and begin working as a practitioner.
- The internship is intended to prepare students for real-time, professional supervision in hospitals as part of the course.
- You will be able to expand into a variety of medical specialties thanks to this.
- You can enrol in a higher-level postgraduate program to improve your skills.
- Students can get involved in clinical research or start their own practice.
- In the Philippines, one can also earn a Masters’ degree in public health, administration, or health services.
- All MD graduates from the Philippines can practise medicine in the United States once they pass the USMLE. After passing the MCI screening exam, Indian students are permitted to return to their homes and practice there.
The Philippines, which is ranked 46th globally for its superior training, delivers an elevated expectation of education to all citizens. The medical degree offered here is authentic and recognised all around the world.
So, if you have made up your mind to study MBBS in the Philippines/abroad, feel free to connect to us. Our Pick Your Study education team is always available to assist you and guide you throughout.
Ans. The MBBS course in the Philippines usually starts in the beginning of October every year.
Ans. No, as of now there are no scholarship benefits for any international student. Beware of fraud agencies who fool students about the scholarships. Neither the government nor any agent provides any scholarship scheme for Indian students.
Ans. Within their college, students can look for part-time employment opportunities. Working in an amusement park, grocery store, mall, showroom, restaurant, fuel pump, or even from home are a few options for students outside of their college.
Ans. Most of the universities have February and July intakes, while some also have November intakes.
Get Free Expert Guidance
Get completed details about Scholarships, Best Colleges, Eligibility Criteria, Admission & Documentation process and more.