MBBS in Poland
When a person thinks of studying MBBS the first thing that comes to their mind is which university to choose! Every medical aspirant wishes to study in a well-recognized university which has world-class facilities and the best quality of education and choosing Poland for MBBS can be a wise decision. The MBBS programme duration in Poland is 6 years which also includes a year of internship.
When a person thinks of studying MBBS the first thing that comes to their mind is which university to choose! Every medical aspirant wishes to study in a well-recognized university which has world-class facilities and best quality of education and choosing Poland for MBBS can be a wise decision.
The MBBS programme duration in Poland is 6 years which also includes a year of internship. The basic eligibility requirements are 10+2 in PCB with a recognized board of education and a compulsory NEET exam. The medium of instruction is English in almost all of the universities but some also have Polish.
From the past one decade, Poland has become the most visited country for pursuing MBBS by the students from all over the world. The percentage has been increasing rapidly from the last 5 years. More than 8000 Indian students are currently opting for Poland over India to study MBBS.
Most of the students find Poland the best option for MBBS because of its cost-effectiveness, low tuition fees, scholarship facilities, best quality education, and numerous benefits after completing MBBS from its universities. The medical degree of Poland is well-recognized globally and students holding it have a bright future ahead.
So, If you are willing to study MBBS in Poland, the Pick Your Study education team will resolve all your doubts and will guide you thoroughly to get admission in one of its top universities.
Highlights of studying MBBS in Poland
Name of the course
MBBS (Bachelor of medicine and
Bachelor of surgery)
Duration of the course
5 years + 1 year of internship
Basic eligibility criteria
10+2 in PCB with 60% scores for generals
10+2 in PCB with 40% scores for ST/SC/OBC
Medium of teaching
English and Polish
IELTS or TOEFL requirements
September and October
Cost of living (without rent)
INR 15,000-20,000 / per month
Benefits of studying MBBS in Poland
The lifestyle of Poland and its modernised infrastructure is what attracts the most of the people. For all the medical students who want to earn their MBBS, Poland is an excellent option. Students don’t have to worry about getting a visa, since most of the visa applications are easily approved.
- The students who wish to settle down here in Poland are offered a blue card so that they can work and get a job here after completing their MBBS.
- The MBBS course syllabus is almost the same as other European universities’ syllabus.
- Students are also provided with many scholarships benefits.
- Indian food is easily available in the restaurants nearby.
- Poland is considered one of the safest countries because of its low crime rate and high security.
- Students between the age 17 to 25 can apply for MBBS in universities of Poland.
- The maximum cost of education including tuition fees and hostel fees is approximately 40 lakhs to 50 lakhs in total for 6 years.
- Students can work part-time while studying and manage their usual expenses and rents.
- International students are also given the facility to avail loans from certain banks.
- Students need to submit their valid identity proofs and can clear those loans on monthly instalments.
Why study MBBS in Poland?
Poland has become one of the finest and top-rated places to provide world-class medical education. Its education system has received high praises from many officials. There are many favourable reasons which are attracting more and more students from around the world. Here are some of them:
- Almost all of its universities are MCI and World Health Organizations approved.
- It is also listed in the World Directory of Medical Universities.
- It requires no entrance exams during admissions.
- No donation fee or capitation fee is accepted by the students.
- The tuition fees are very low and affordable compared to other European countries.
- Accommodation facilities are also easily available.
- Students can live separately in rented apartments if they wish to.
- The medium of instruction in most of its medical universities is English.
- The faculty members and staff are highly trained and qualified.
- The medical degree of Poland has global recognition with numerous life-changing benefits in the future.
MBBS course curriculum in Poland
The most programme in Poland is of 5 years with a separate one year of internship. In these years the student has to study and practise the following subjects in detail.
- Human Physiology
- Human Anatomy
- Health and Safety
- Clinical Medicine
- Medical Sociology
- Internal medicine
- Propedeutics to Dentistry
- Family medicine
- Clinical genetics
- Internal Medicine
- Infectious Diseases
- Emergency Medicine
- Clinical elective
Cost of Living Poland
The cost of living in Poland is comparatively lower than compared to other European countries. The cost of education too is slightly lower in Poland. The total cost of education for 6 years of MBBS in Poland is approximately INR 40 lakhs – 50 lakhs.
Apart from the tuition fees the other expenses are also very affordable in Poland. Such as the monthly rent for an individual can cost around 200 $ , food and groceries can cost around 15 $ , and transportation pass could cost you around 10 $. Also, it depends on each person’s lifestyle too, and the total cost of living eventually varies.
The nation extends a warm invitation to international students. For the interest of both the students and the nation, Polish organisations and the government work to attract foreign students to the nation. A few of the famous scholarships offered to help international students are listed below:
- Poland My First Choice Program
- Banach Scholarship
- The Ignacy Łukasiewicz Scholarship Program
- Visegrad Fund
Top MCI recognized Universities in Poland
- Nicolaus Copernicus University
- Poznan University of Medical Science
- Warmia and Mazury University
- Medical University of Silesia
- Medical University of Warsaw
- Wroclaw Medical University
- Gdansk Medical University
- Medical University of Lodz
- Medical University of Lublin
- Medical University of Bialystok
- Jagiellonian University Medical College
Eligibility criteria for MBBS course in Poland
- Poland’s rise in demand for MBBS education is increasing rapidly. Students getting qualified here is not that difficult. Here’s what you need:
- Students need to pass 10+2 standard with 60% scores in PCB for generals and 40% scores in PCB for SC/ST/OBC.
- Students also have to clear their NEET exam with minimum 55%-60% scores.
- Students need to pass out from a well-recognized board of education and have good command over English.
Documents required for MBBS in Poland
The students need to submit their valid and genuine documents to the university when asked for in order to ensure their seats. The list of the documents is given below.
- Passport copies
- Birth certificate
- Id proof
- Passport size photos
- Funds proof
- Medical reports including (HIV reports)
- Visa fees
- Bank statement
- NOC from public authority
- Documents legalised by the respective embassies.
- Copy of 10th class mark sheets
- Copy of 12th class mark sheets
Admission process for MBBS in Poland
The process of admission for MBBS in Poland is quite simple and straightforward. The students need to follow the procedure given below along with submitting the scanned documents when required.
Step 1: The medical universities in Poland start their admissions from April-May which lasts till September.
Step 2: The students have to fill the admission form at the university’s portal.
Step 3: The university then asks for your valid documents and you are supposed to submit all the required documents.
Step 4: Once you send them the documents, and if they find you eligible. The university will send the student the invitation letter within 48 hours.
Step 5: Once you receive the offer letter you can pay the tuition fees for studying MBBS in the desired university of Poland.
Step 6: Next important step is to apply for the visa. To get the visa issued it will take around 10 to 15 days.
Step 7: Once you get your visa, you can book your tickets as soon as possible.
Step 8: Make sure you arrive in Poland by the second week of September and then you can continue with your classes.
Best Medical colleges in Poland for intake 2022-2023
Tuition fees / per year
Jagiellonian University Medical College
Nicolaus Copernicus University
Poznan University of Medical Science
Warmia and Mazury University
Medical University of Silesia
Medical University of Warsaw
Wroclaw Medical University
Gdansk Medical University
Medical University of Lodz
Medical University of Lublin
Medical University of Bialystok
Career prospects after completing MBBS in Poland
You get multiple career opportunities once you complete your MBBS from a certified medical university in Poland. Such as:
- You can take a flight back to India, take the NMC screening exam, and then begin practising medicine or pursuing further education in India.
- You can apply for PLAB, USMLE, and other exams after earning an MBBS in Poland if you want to continue your medical study in the US or the UK.
- You can settle down in Poland and begin working as a doctor.
- Students can work anywhere in Europe after completing their MBBS in Poland, thanks to Poland’s EU membership.
Hence, Poland is an excellent choice for medical students pursuing MBBS.
Its infrastructure is very advanced, and its education follows internationally accepted European standards. MBBS candidates are eligible to work in India once they have passed their MCI and FMGE screening tests.
Additionally, many prestigious doctors have graduated from Poland’s universities and are employed in some of the world’s finest hospitals. The MBBS degree of Poland has worldwide recognition.
Furthermore, if you need any guidance or mentorship you may connect with our Pick Your Study education team and clear all your queries.
Ans. Yes, almost all the universities of Poland have hostel facilities with all modern equipment and amenities.
Ans. Yes, almost all the universities of Poland are NMC and MCI approved. Also, Poland is now a part of the European Union too which makes its universities even more popular.
Can a student work full-time in Poland with a student visa?
Get Free Expert Guidance
Get completed details about Scholarships, Best Colleges, Eligibility Criteria, Admission & Documentation process and more.