MBBS in Russia
Russia can be the ideal destination for students who aspire to study MBBS from dignified, top-rated universities. Their lifestyle, modern infrastructure, quality of education and powerful technology is what attracts most of the students. The duration of an MBBS course in Russia is 5.8 years.
Russia can be the ideal destination for students who aspire to study MBBS from dignified, top-rated universities. Their lifestyle, modern infrastructure, quality of education and powerful technology is what attracts most of the students. The duration of an MBBS course in Russia is 5.8 years. Russia is considered as the most powerful country in the whole world. The architecture and culture of Russia is mesmerising.
Almost all the medical universities of Russia are UNESCO and WHO recognized. Hence, it is the reason students from all over the world want to pursue their education from Russian universities. The Russian universities are considered among the Top 30 universities ranking globally. Since the duration of the course is 5.8 years for all the International students, they need not have to undergo a separate internship year. So, because of its low cost of fee structure and world-class education, it has become a dream of every medical aspirant to get enrolled in any of the Russian universities.
It is simple to pursue an MBBS in Russia because there is no admission exam to take. Additionally, the government of Russia offers educational subsidies, making the cost relatively inexpensive. When necessary, students can obtain medical care and insurance. Both English and Russian are used to teach MBBS. In order to facilitate communication with patients in the area, they also teach the students Russian. Russia’s medical universities offer advanced teaching and employ sophisticated, efficient methods for student growth.
The basic eligibility criteria required in the medical universities of Russia is that students have to pass 10+2 in PCB with at least 50% of marks. Besides NEET there is no additional entrance exam asked in any of its universities. Over the years, the percentage of students moving to Russia to pursue their MBBS has increased rapidly. Currently, there are almost 57 medical universities in Russia with all the well-equipped facilities and modern amenities. However, September and January are the only two intakes available for MBBS students prior to which you will have to complete your whole admission process including Visa approval and leave for Russia.
So, just like many of them, even if you want to pursue your MBBS in one of the top-rated universities of Russia, you can contact our Pick Your Study education team anytime and we will be there to help you and guide you throughout under our mentorship.
Highlights of studying MBBS in Russia
Name of the course
MBBS (Bachelor of medicine and Bachelor of surgery)
Duration of the course
Eligibility criteria for the course
10+2 in PCB with 50% of marks.
Medium of teaching
IELTS & TOEFL requirements
September and January.
Cost of living (without rent)
15,000 – 25,000 RUB per month.
Benefits of studying MBBS in Russia
Studying in Russia is now the eighth-most popular study abroad location in the world due to its recent surge in popularity. Students studying MBBS can benefit greatly from the excellent education and practical teaching offered in Russia. Over 200,000 international students from all over the world are welcomed to study at Russia’s best medical universities each year. Students who have the option to study abroad in countries like the US and the UK but choose Russia because of its advanced facilities and extensive medical research experience.
- Low cost of education.
- Affordable cost of living.
- No donation fee.
- No entrance exams.
- Worldwide recognised degree.
- Easy and straightforward procedure for admission.
- 100% guaranteed Visa approval.
- Excellent quality of education.
- The Russian universities provide a subsidy upto 70% for the MBBS course.
- Most Russian universities offer the MCI Screening Test.
- As a result, MBBS graduates perform exceedingly well on the FMGE exam and are hired by the best hospitals in the world.
- Russian universities are popularly known for their advanced methods of teaching and modern technologies.
- The faculty members are well-educated and highly skilled.
- Ragging or engaging in any form of racist activity is highly unacceptable and punishable in universities of Russia.
- The boys and girls have separate warden with complete security.
Why study MBBS in Ruusia ?
Russia being the most powerful country in the world has open doors for students from all over the world to come learn and explore Russia. Comparatively, Indian students are more likely to visit Russia than any other country due to its cost-effectiveness, easy admission process and structured course curriculum. The curriculum of Russia is similar to that of India. And also the best part is students can return to India for their higher studies anytime. Some more of its benefits are:
- There are already many Indians in Russia, so you won’t feel lonely there.
- Compared to other countries, the sponsorships are very high in Russia.
- No donation or capitation fee is accepted by the students.
- No entrance exams or even IELTS is required.
- All the universities are MCI, WHO, UNESCO recognised.
- Students with this degree can work/practice anywhere in the world.
- The curriculum in Russia is the same as India.
- It has a European standard of living.
- Indian mess is available.
- Indian food is easily available in the hostels.
- Russia has a few Indian restaurants too.
- The student should be at least 17 years of age.
MBBS course curriculum in Russia
The MBBS course duration in Russian universities is 5.8 years. In these years, the student has to study and practise the following subjects:
- Biology, Physics, Chemistry.
- Nursing (surgery & therapy).
- Latin, and Public Health.
- Russian language.
- Physical Training.
- Basics of Research and Mathematics.
- Immunology and Hygiene.
- Medical Law.
- Bioethics and the Russian language for doctor-patient communication.
- In the third year, students undergo training in the aetiology of diseases and the action of drugs.
- Internal medicine.
- Topographical anatomy.
- Operative surgery.
- In the 4th year, students must go through the various departments in the hospitals like:
- Medical Rehabilitation.
- Public health.
- Surgical Gynecology.
- Outpatient therapy.
- Gene therapy.
- and Infectious diseases.
- The last year of MBBS has Oncology and radiation therapy.
- Occupational diseases.
- Intensive care training.
- Clinical Immunology.
- General medical practice.
- Forensic medicine.
Cost of Living russia
More and more Indian students are choosing to pursue MBBS in Russia because of the low tuition fees and reasonable living expenses. The cost of the course has been significantly reduced thanks to government subsidies in Russia. Comparatively, studying MBBS in Russia is very simple compared to other countries. The price of the study is very affordable. International students can attend Russian universities with ease and avoid paying expensive tuition costs. They do not accept any donation other than this.
Food and transportation costs are less expensive outside of major metropolitan areas. Students benefit more from staying in a hostel because the cost of food is included.
However, if you wish you can eat at the Indian restaurants available at a walkable distance. Indian messes are also easily available with affordable prices. As a result, there won’t be any additional costs for the students. The students could also work part-time in their spare time.
There are several forms of transportation easily available in Russia, from regular motorcars to private taxis, cabs, buses and express trains. All of them are safe and cheap too.
Scholarships are available to help students overcome financial burdens. This is a unique opportunity for students. Scholarships available are:
- The Government of Russian Federation Scholarships.
- Benjamin A Gilman Scholarships.
- SRAS (The School of Russian and Asian Scholarships).
- Medical Education Grants.
Top MCI recognized Universities in Russia
- Perm State Medical University
- Bashkir State Medical University
- Orenburg State Medical University
- Tver State Medical University
- Kursk State Medical University
- Smolensk State Medical University
- Ryazan State Medical University
- St. Petersburg Medical University
- Kazan State Medical University
- Peoples Friendship University
MBBS in Russia v/s MBBS in India
Basis of difference
MBBS in Russia
MBBS in India
The cost of studying in Russia is affordable.
The cost of studying in India is very high.
They do not accept any donations.
Some specific universities ask for donations during admissions.
No entrance exam is required.
Students have to pass an entrance exam.
The duration of the course is 5.8 years.
The duration of the course is 5 years with another 1 year internship.
Eligibility criteria for MBBS course in Russia
Russia has always been a preferred destination for MBBS courses. Qualifying for Indian students is not that difficult. Here’s what you need:
Must be 17 years old by December 31st of the year of enrollment.
Students must have 50% or more points in the 12th standard of the science stream in subjects such as physics, biology and chemistry. ISC/CBSE or other equivalent institutions are required to complete the course.
- NEET exam:
It is mandatory for students to pass the NEET exam with a minimum of 50% scores.
Other exams such as IELTS and TOEFL are not required.
Documents required for MBBS in Russia
In order to pursue MBBS in Russian universities you will be needing the following documents:
- Passport with a validity of at least 18 months.
- 10th Certificate.
- 12th Certificate.
- Birth Certificate.
- Four passport size photographs.
- Offer letter from the Medical University of Russia.
- Medical reports of your HIV test.
- Authorizations of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs (New Delhi).
- Proof of legalisation of all of your documents from any Russian Embassy.
- Receipt of payment of the Visa fees.
- Receipt of university + 1st-year tuition fees.
How to get admission for MBBS in Russia ?
The MBBS admission process in Russia is relatively straightforward. Medical colleges in Russia do not require Indian students to pass an entrance exam to get into Russia, but few Russian universities prefer to take assessment tests to verify a student’s profile and qualifications. Admission is based on the performance achieved by the student on the Higher Secondary Education Exit Examination. Candidates have to meet the admission guidelines of the Russian Medical University and her NEET-UG qualifications of the National Medical Board of India.
- First, fill in the admission form at the university’s office website.
- Gather all the required documents and submit them at the university when asked.
- Make sure you send the scanned documents to the university.
- The documents you send them will be thoroughly analysed.
- If they find you capable enough they will send you an offer letter.
- Once you receive the offer letter, the visa application process begins at the respective country’s embassy.
- You will have to submit the required documents at the Visa embassy.
- And pay the admission fee to the selected university.
- You will receive your Visa within a few business days.
- Once you receive the Visa you can book the air ticket and reach the destination as soon as possible.
So, if you are planning to study MBBS in Belarus / abroad, feel free to connect to us as we are always available to assist you and guide you throughout. Our Pick your Study education team will help you solve all your doubts and provide proper guidance and mentorship for your onward journey.
Best Medical colleges in Russia for intake 2022-2023
First Moscow state Medical University
Crimean Federal University
Ogarev Mordovia State University
Far Eastern Federal University
Belgorod State University
Lomonosov Moscow State University
Kazan Federal University
Novosibirsk Nation Research State University
Ans. MBBS in Russia is very cost-effective. The average cost of studying his MBBS in Russia is around $4000 per year. This equates to approximately Rs 2.75,000 for a 6-year course. Also, there is no need to pay a capitation fee and there are many scholarships available.
Ans. MBBS courses are the same, but taught differently. In Russia, teachers mainly focus on combining theory and practice to provide detailed information on the subject. From the second year, there will be more practical theory than theory. Moreover, the degree from Russia has more value globally than the degree from India.
Ans. Yes, having the Indian mess available makes it easier for students to adapt to the country. Also, if a student wants to cook, he can also do so since there is a kitchen available in the hostels.
Ans. MBBS education in Russia is 5-6 years, with education, training and internships. After becoming a doctor, students can apply to any hospital in the world and get a job. In Russia too, it is very easy to get a work permit and they can continue to work there.
Get Free Expert Guidance
Get completed details about Scholarships, Best Colleges, Eligibility Criteria, Admission & Documentation process and more.